December 18, 2005

My dear Miami

I was extremely lucky yesterday. After a night of crazy celebration and staying up, my friend Ben took me to the airport at 4:55 am. It was so relentlesly cold. I checked in and the lady at the counter said "the flight is wide open". That gave me good hopes although I did not want to take anything for granted yet. For some reason it looked like there were so many people and such a little plane. A couple of minutes before the flight took off, they called out "passenger Leno". I knew it was me. Passenger Leano boarded and the flight went on its way. My seat was in the emergency isle which is very much appreciated by a tall individual like myself. I had the chance to seat next to a fine arts/ business girl from Ohio (who was tocalla of mine, Alejandra) and had a very interesting and refreshing conversation about life, art and travel. It was very enjoyable. We got into Houston, and upon my arrival into this massive terminal I noticed that the connecting flight to Fort. Lauderdale was full. I tried to see which was my next option but even before I had the chance of figuring anything out, my name was called. I immediately hoped on the 737 and we took off. I still can't believe that everything worked out nicely. It probably won't be that way on the way back. Now for a couple days its just spending time with my sister and on the 25 off to NYC. The weather is so nice here, you have no idea!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alejo,

I'm glad you got on your plane with no problem. So New York on the 25, huh? That'll be awesome! Thanks for the directions on how to set up the blog. I'll do that after Christmas is over. So enjoy the time with your fmaily and enjoy your Christmas!!! Happy New Year too. Thanks for meeting with me for coffee, tu eres bien cheverisimo! Que te vallas bien! Hasta pronto amigo!!!
Besos,
Rachel

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home